Please read this important update regarding our response to the COVID-19 outbreak and access to our services in the weeks to come.
Staff, patients, and the community health and safety continue to be our focus. Following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), we are taking the necessary precautions to keep you safe during this time.
In addition to adhering to the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation, we have also added the additional safety measures within our clinical space:
- We have reduced our hours beginning on Monday, March 23rd.
- Tuesday – Saturday 9am-6pm
- Sunday and Monday 9am-5pm
- Limited number of staff and appointments at both locations to follow social distancing guidelines.
- No waiting room – We are spacing out appointments so that there is ample time for remote check-in via text, upon arrival, with immediate access to your private procedure room.
- If any patients have flu-like symptoms or have traveled internationally or domestically within the past three weeks, we are asking to reschedule the appointment for a later date.
- Currently, we are scheduling both in-person and remote telemedicine visits to conduct the following:
- Initial (New Patient) Consults / Vein Screens
- Note: telemedicine visits require minimal pre-work. Once scheduled, additional information will be sent in advance for your preparation. Call 858-800-2480 to schedule your next visit.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide necessary updates accordingly.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our Practice Manager, Mari Hernandez, via email (contact here) or by text/call at 714-365-7725.